Author Topic: 06/12/17  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
06/12/17
« on: Wednesday, 06 December, 2017 @ 12:09:05 »
Greece Moves Ahead with Rules for Airbnb-type Rentals

The rules property owners in Greece need to follow in order to legally rent out their homes or apartments for the short-term were officially made public on Monday.

According to the decision, the rules concern all properties rented for the short-term through online platforms as of January 1, 2018. Income earned from short-term rental activity in 2017, will be declared accumulatively in the income tax return forms of the year.

Airbnb-style hosts, defined as “operators”, will be required to enter the AADE registry, submit a short-term residence declaration for each tenant, enroll in the short-term residential property data system, inform the Deposits and Loans Fund for income attributable to unknown beneficiaries as well as provide information on tenants and duration of stay. The decision underlined that there can only be one “operator” per property.

Violations facing penalties of up to 5,000 euros include failure to register in the Short Term Residence Registry and providing an incorrect or unclear registry number in online listings.
http://news.gtp.gr/2017/12/05/greece-moves-ahead-rules-airbnb-type-rentals

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: 06/12/17
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, 06 December, 2017 @ 17:43:27 »
Allegedly the Minister of Shipping and Island Policy has announced a ferry service to run between Corfu, Levkas, Kef and Zakynthos three times a week. No start date or prices announced.

Offline Jolly Roger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, 06 December, 2017 @ 20:53:46 »
Allegedly the Minister of Shipping and Island Policy has announced a ferry service to run between Corfu, Levkas, Kef and Zakynthos three times a week. No start date or prices announced.

http://www.inkefalonia.gr/koinonia/57835-aktoploiki-syndesi-kerkyras-lefkadas-kefalonias-kai-zakynthou-anakoinose-o-p-kouroumplis

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 07 December, 2017 @ 03:26:16 »
Er, it's in Greek!

If this ferry service happens then some people might get a bit excited by the idea of a cheap flight to Corfu then hopping on a ferry to Kef... the road journey Corfu-mainland-Levkas-Kef is about seven hours, so it looks like a long ferry journey. Probably why it's only three times weekly.

Offline Jolly Roger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, 07 December, 2017 @ 08:38:53 »
Er, it's in Greek!

If this ferry service happens then some people might get a bit excited by the idea of a cheap flight to Corfu then hopping on a ferry to Kef... the road journey Corfu-mainland-Levkas-Kef is about seven hours, so it looks like a long ferry journey. Probably why it's only three times weekly.

It is in Greek, but if your name is not Bryan, Google does a pretty good translation. I hope it gets off the ground (so to speak), because a round trip to Corfu sounds quite appealing.

Offline Mediterranean Man

• Gold Medalist
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, 07 December, 2017 @ 13:18:36 »
I would love to think that this is true and happens. The cynic in me doubts it!
That said; If it is true; About time!

Offline Mediterranean Man

• Gold Medalist
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, 07 December, 2017 @ 13:24:27 »
Er, it's in Greek!

We did an island hop to Ithaca, Lefkas; Paxos; Corfu in 2015using different ferry operators.
We made the return journey by ferry and road from Corfu to Kefalonia in 12 hours. Ferry to Igoumanitsa; drive to Lefkada and ferry to Fiskardo; drive back to Home near Spartia. Highly recommend the Island Hopping experience.

It is in Greek, but if your name is not Bryan, Google does a pretty good translation. I hope it gets off the ground (so to speak), because a round trip to Corfu sounds quite appealing.

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, 07 December, 2017 @ 17:32:50 »
It is in Greek, but if your name is not Bryan, Google does a pretty good translation.

Yes, I'm sure. But GGi is an English-language website and not one that's only for users of Google. News now available in English.

I would love to think that this is true and happens. The cynic in me doubts it!

Yes, my first thought.