Author Topic: 22/12/19  (Read 2777 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
22/12/19
« on: Sunday, 22 December, 2019 @ 12:43:14 »
Cardiff chip shop to open on Christmas Day for homeless

Staff at a fish and chip takeaway will open on Christmas Day to offer free meals to the homeless and elderly.

The owner of Victoria Fish Bar in Cardiff said he wants to put a "smile on the faces" of vulnerable people.

Mohammed Nazakat, his staff and their families will serve up meals for three hours on 25 December.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-50843604

:x-smile:

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: 22/12/19
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 22 December, 2019 @ 12:49:14 »
Dog's dinner: labrador has emergency surgery after eating 30 Christmas decorations
Dog undergoes two lifesaving operations in Dorset after gorging on gingerbread tree ornaments

During the operations, which lasted three hours, the vets managed to remove 34 decorative ribbons which had been attached to the tree decorations and which were causing a potentially fatal blockage.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/dec/22/dogs-dinner-labrador-has-emergency-surgery-after-eating-30-christmas-decorations

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, 22 December, 2019 @ 12:57:03 »
‘Toxic’ Christmas toys could put children at risk of long-term fertility problems, officials warn
Trading Standards office urges parents to resist ‘temptation’ to buy cheap dolls

Nottingham City Council has issued an alert over the unsafe toys, on sale as “Sweet Fashion Doll” and “Girl Beautiful Doll” for between £1 and £3, amid fears the products may have been supplied across the UK.

The two dolls have been found to contain high levels of phthalates – chemicals which have been linked to problems with the reproductive system.

The council has urged anyone who has bought one of the toys to not give them to children, and advised consumers to return the product to the seller and inform their local Trading Standards office.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/christmas-toys-toxic-warning-fertility-problems-phthalates-nottingham-frozen-barbie-a9256416.html

Offline TonyD

• Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, 22 December, 2019 @ 14:46:35 »
Dog's dinner: labrador has emergency surgery after eating 30 Christmas decorations
...during the operations...the vets managed to remove 34 decorative ribbons...
I wonder if the dog was displaying symptoms of tinselitis?

Offline HiFi

• Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, 22 December, 2019 @ 16:00:23 »
‘Toxic’ Christmas toys could put children at risk of long-term fertility problems, officials warn
Trading Standards office urges parents to resist ‘temptation’ to buy cheap dolls

Nottingham City Council has issued an alert over the unsafe toys, on sale as “Sweet Fashion Doll” and “Girl Beautiful Doll” for between £1 and £3, amid fears the products may have been supplied across the UK.

The two dolls have been found to contain high levels of phthalates – chemicals which have been linked to problems with the reproductive system.

The council has urged anyone who has bought one of the toys to not give them to children, and advised consumers to return the product to the seller and inform their local Trading Standards office.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/christmas-toys-toxic-warning-fertility-problems-phthalates-nottingham-frozen-barbie-a9256416.html

gee..if I'd had them I could have saved a fortune on maintenance........

Offline TonyD

• Forum Deity
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, 22 December, 2019 @ 16:37:42 »
The toys contain high levels of What??!!

I can just imagine the typical UK doctor attempting to explain to the parents what it is their child has ingested

There's a comedy sketch right there!!

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, 22 December, 2019 @ 16:55:26 »

:oki: Oh my, that's... really quite good  :lol:

Offline Misty

• Forum Deity
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, 22 December, 2019 @ 21:09:49 »

That's lamenta ble

Offline Misty

• Forum Deity
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, 22 December, 2019 @ 22:47:32 »

That's lamenta ble

Oops - could have sworn the thin tinsel you put on Christmas trees was called lamenta but no, it's lametta. Teach me to try and be clever