Author Topic: 04/07/20  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
04/07/20
« on: Saturday, 04 July, 2020 @ 11:22:07 »
Flight From Sweden Lands In Rhodes Despite Ban

Initial reports stated that the flight had a special licence to land, as it transported journalists and tourism agents, in order to see the protocols and health mandates that have been put in place by the Greek government.

However, passengers from the airplane claimed that they came to Greece for holidays.

Tourism Minister Haris Theocharis, spoke about the issue on MEGA, stressing that the flight had a special licence, everyone is being tested and there is no question of safety.

He said that TUI executives and journalists were on board the plane. “We are doing this to promote the country. Indeed, a large part of the flight, about 30% to 40%, was for TUI journalists and executives to come and see how things work to promote tourism.”

However, he did not explain who made up the remaining 60% of passengers in question.
https://greekcitytimes.com/2020/07/03/flight-from-sweden-lands-in-rhodes-despite-ban/

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: 04/07/20
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, 04 July, 2020 @ 11:30:02 »
Chinese olive oil wins international competition

An extra-virgin olive oil made in China has been selected as the best product out of 430 different types from 17 countries at this year’s Athena International Olive Oil Competition that was held in Spata last month. The Xiangyu Coratina oil was produced by the company Longnan Xiangyu Olive Development using the Coratina olive, one of Italy’s best-known and loved varieties. It beat hundreds of Italian, Greek and Spanish olive oils for the top spot in the competition. In addition to entries from tradition olive oil-producing countries, there were contenders this year from Brazil, Israel, Lebanon, Libya and Turkey.
https://www.ekathimerini.com/254330/gallery/ekathimerini/in-images/chinese-olive-oil-wins-international-competition

:blink:

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, 04 July, 2020 @ 15:30:46 »
Cruise news: Over 65s may need doctor's note to board ships new EU rules state

The document reads: "Passengers in high risk groups including people over 65 years of age or people of any age with underlying medical conditions (chronic diseases including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, respiratory diseases and immunocompromised individuals) should be advised to visit a doctor for pre-travel medical consultation to assess if they are fit to travel."
https://www.express.co.uk/travel/cruise/1305019/cruise-ship-cruises-news-deals-holidays-eu-rules

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, 04 July, 2020 @ 19:22:12 »
Homesick student cycles 2,000 miles home to Athens from Aberdeen during lockdown
His journey took 48 days, surviving on bread, peanut butter and sardines
https://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/latest-news/homesick-student-cycles-2000-miles-home-to-athens-from-aberdeen-during-lockdown-459049

Offline expat

• Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, 04 July, 2020 @ 20:06:39 »
Cruise news: Over 65s may need doctor's note to board ships new EU rules state

The document reads: "Passengers in high risk groups including people over 65 years of age or people of any age with underlying medical conditions (chronic diseases including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, respiratory diseases and immunocompromised individuals) should be advised to visit a doctor for pre-travel medical consultation to assess if they are fit to travel."
https://www.express.co.uk/travel/cruise/1305019/cruise-ship-cruises-news-deals-holidays-eu-rules

I would rather poke my eyes with a cocktail stick than go on a floating block of flats with thousands of others!

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, 04 July, 2020 @ 22:07:25 »
 :rofl: :pml:

You and me both!

Just love the cruise ads though - one couple doing their own thing, alone on a jolly boat, enjoying the beautiful scenery and each others company. With a whopping great cruise boat waiting for them in the distance.

Reality is either that thousands of folk wander round town or are packed onto one of a score of waiting tour buses. Package tourism is so apt a name.

But some folk love it - each to their own.

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, 04 July, 2020 @ 22:09:31 »

Offline suej

• Bronze Medalist
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, 05 July, 2020 @ 19:07:17 »
cruise ship reminds me of a floating prison. I have friends who love cruises.,but having to walk miles of corridors and find dining rooms and dress up for dinner, not my cup of tea. Trips of the ships expensive as well and I dont think you get the chance to discover a country you visit.