Author Topic: 10/03/19  (Read 1562 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
10/03/19
« on: Sunday, 10 March, 2019 @ 12:45:14 »
One police charge over 10,000 stolen sheep in England and Wales

The theft of nearly 10,000 sheep across England and Wales last year has only resulted in one charge by police, the BBC can reveal.

A Freedom of Information request showed 9,635 sheep were stolen in 2018, up from 7,606 in 2017 and 6,337 in 2016.

Humberside saw the biggest jump in the number of sheep theft incidents in 2018, while Dorset and North Yorkshire had the joint second highest.

Police in Dorset said there was a lack of resources to tackle rural crime.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-47409199

Offline Colleywobble

• Forum Deity
Re: 10/03/19
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, 10 March, 2019 @ 18:11:20 »
Will someone tell me what exactly do the police force do these days? We never see a policeman on the beat round here. Think all they do is lurk in their cars in some out of the way layby !!!No doubt I will be chastised for saying that?

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, 10 March, 2019 @ 18:35:58 »
This is outrageous, hopefully the police will find time to investigate fully, catch and prosecute whoever's responsible:

Weeks-old lambs raised by primary schoolchildren found slaughtered and skinned
Trio of animals were stolen from barn, hooked on nearby tree and had their meat extracted – despite it not being safe to eat

Three lambs bought by a farmer for nearby primary schoolchildren to visit and help rear have been found slaughtered and skinned.

The four-week-old triplets were stolen from a barn and killed – along with a rare Lincoln Longwool sheep – during an overnight raid at Hall Farm in the village of Messingham in Lincolnshire.

Distressing photos show the skin and entrails of the animals left scattered across a nearby field.

Hooks were found in a tree suggesting the creatures were hanged in the air by the thieves while their meat was extracted.

Farmer Jamie Quinn said: “I am currently in bits.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/primary-school-lambs-slaughtered-skinned-hall-farm-messingham-lincolnshire-humberside-police-a8816136.html

Offline Jolly Roger

• Global Moderator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Monday, 11 March, 2019 @ 08:27:48 »
This is outrageous, hopefully the police will find time to investigate fully, catch and prosecute whoever's responsible:

Weeks-old lambs raised by primary schoolchildren found slaughtered and skinned
Trio of animals were stolen from barn, hooked on nearby tree and had their meat extracted – despite it not being safe to eat

Three lambs bought by a farmer for nearby primary schoolchildren to visit and help rear have been found slaughtered and skinned.

The four-week-old triplets were stolen from a barn and killed – along with a rare Lincoln Longwool sheep – during an overnight raid at Hall Farm in the village of Messingham in Lincolnshire.

Distressing photos show the skin and entrails of the animals left scattered across a nearby field.

Hooks were found in a tree suggesting the creatures were hanged in the air by the thieves while their meat was extracted.

Farmer Jamie Quinn said: “I am currently in bits.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/primary-school-lambs-slaughtered-skinned-hall-farm-messingham-lincolnshire-humberside-police-a8816136.html

There is a high concentration of immigrants in Lincolnshire, from Eastern Europe. Just saying!

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Monday, 11 March, 2019 @ 10:36:46 »
I didn't know that, but understandable, just as there are lots of Irish (descent) around Liverpool. The immigrant thing did cross my mind, too. Seems a strange way of killing them. The sheep, that is.
Hopefully the perpetrators will suffer slow food poisoning  :)

Offline Colleywobble

• Forum Deity
« Reply #5 on: Monday, 11 March, 2019 @ 16:16:04 »
Just What is this country coming to ?I honestly wonder where all this is leading?Some of the people that commit these things should be locked up for ever and the key thrown away !!I hope they get something really horrible that's the worst pain ever!!! :rant:

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, 12 March, 2019 @ 21:08:39 »
Non- UK born population of Lincolnshire = 7%, mostly round Boston. UK = 9.3%. See this and uour own area at

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/internationalmigration/articles/migrationlevelswhatdoyouknowaboutyourarea/2017-08-24

Tony