Author Topic: Effect of Brexit on Ex-Pats.  (Read 1423 times)

Offline U4ea

• Forum Deity
Effect of Brexit on Ex-Pats.
« on: Wednesday, 27 May, 2015 @ 17:44:00 »

A relative living in Spain posted this elsewhere, and I thought it was relevant to some on here.

http://citizensadvice.org.es/what-will-happen-to-uk-nationals-in-spain-if-the-uk-decides-to-leave-the-eu-a-personal-view/

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: Effect of Brexit on Ex-Pats.
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, 28 May, 2015 @ 00:07:09 »
Not over impressed with the EU but not sure a Brexit would be advantageous.

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, 28 May, 2015 @ 17:15:55 »
Not sure I understand all of the article but whatever the situation for us UK residents there are only disadvantages for expats.  I heard on the radio that UK nationals living in Spain after a Brexit would have to re-take their driving test annually  :blink: , but the the author of the article who should know doesn't mention it.

Tony

Offline Aristarches

• Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, 28 May, 2015 @ 17:24:27 »
But you must remember, Tony, that the article was written by the Citizens Advice.  An organisation full of lefty, university drop outs more usually concerned with which plug to put in their ear  lobes and which bit of their scabrous bodies they will get tattooed next.  IMHO, of course.

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, 28 May, 2015 @ 17:50:30 »
I thought Citizens Advice UK was full of nice ladies some of them of more mature years who had time on their hands to volunteer.  No idea who CitizensAdvice.es are.  From their site it looks like a totally different outfit:

Citizens Advice Bureau Spain, or CAB Spain, was conceived by Myra Cecilia Azzopardi. After almost twenty years engaged in helping the expatriate community through her involvement with town halls, the natural progression was to the setting up her business, the Costa Advice Bureau, giving Myra an even wider experience. She soon realised that there was a bona fide need for a source of free, impartial and, above all, accurate information and advice for expatriates living in Spain. The concept of CAB Spain was born.

http://citizensadvice.org.es/cab-spain/

Tony