Author Topic: 08/04/16  (Read 3286 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
08/04/16
« on: Friday, 08 April, 2016 @ 01:12:34 »
Conspiracy craze: why 12 million Americans believe alien lizards rule us
Psychologists are trying to determine why otherwise rational individuals can make the leap from “prudent paranoia” to illogical conspiracy theories

According to a Public Policy Polling survey, around 12 million people in the US believe that interstellar lizards in people suits rule our country. We imported that particular belief from across the pond, where professional conspiracy theorist David Icke has long maintained that the Queen of England is a blood-drinking, shape-shifting alien.
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/apr/07/conspiracy-theory-paranoia-aliens-illuminati-beyonce-vaccines-cliven-bundy-jfk

:unsure:

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: 08/04/16
« Reply #1 on: Friday, 08 April, 2016 @ 01:15:21 »
Yulin Dog Meat Festival 2016: New pictures emerge of 'nightmare' conditions for animals involved in Chinese event
The slaughter continues all-year-round in Yulin, with an estimated 300 cats and dogs butchered every day
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/yulin-dog-meat-festival-2016-new-pictures-emerge-of-nightmare-conditions-for-animals-involved-in-a6973021.html

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Friday, 08 April, 2016 @ 01:19:06 »
Plans to change animal welfare codes abandoned by government

The government has abandoned a controversial plan to repeal animal welfare codes.

The plan would have put standards into the hands of the livestock industry.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35992493

Offline Bluenose

• Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Friday, 08 April, 2016 @ 03:09:42 »
Psychologists are trying to determine why otherwise rational individuals can make the leap from “prudent paranoia” to illogical conspiracy theories

According to a Public Policy Polling survey, around 12 million people in the US believe that interstellar lizards in people suits rule our country. We imported that particular belief from across the pond, where professional conspiracy theorist David Icke has long maintained that the Queen of England is a blood-drinking, shape-shifting alien.
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/apr/07/conspiracy-theory-paranoia-aliens-illuminati-beyonce-vaccines-cliven-bundy-jfk

:unsure:That piece of information would explain a lot of things ! Stroll on.

Offline Bluenose

• Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Friday, 08 April, 2016 @ 03:40:09 »
Yulin Dog Meat Festival 2016: New pictures emerge of 'nightmare' conditions for animals involved in Chinese event
The slaughter continues all-year-round in Yulin, with an estimated 300 cats and dogs butchered every day
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/yulin-dog-meat-festival-2016-new-pictures-emerge-of-nightmare-conditions-for-animals-involved-in-a6973021.html
Not all that long ago this race were reduced to eating each other during the great famine. So Rover and Tiddles won't phase them in the slightest. For some people it's guinea pig,horse,fois gras,rabbit even black puddin ! Difficult to watch and read about but that's how these people roll. Not sure they need to beat the living crap out of the poor thing's though. Think maybe one or two people on the board would be able to show em the meaning of 'adrenaline'.

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #5 on: Friday, 08 April, 2016 @ 18:57:48 »
Plans to change animal welfare codes abandoned by government

The government has abandoned a controversial plan to repeal animal welfare codes.

The plan would have put standards into the hands of the livestock industry.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35992493

Hooray!  I saw the original story but not the decision to reverse the change and maintain statutory control. 

:btu:

Tony

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #6 on: Friday, 08 April, 2016 @ 19:00:54 »

Shouldn't this be that the Queen thinks that David Icke is a blood-drinking, shape-shifting alien.  In which case she's right!

Tony

Offline Aristarches

• Forum Deity
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, 09 April, 2016 @ 12:49:56 »

I thought there was something about Donald Trump I didn't like.

Offline Misty

• Forum Deity
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, 09 April, 2016 @ 19:15:43 »
Just "something" Aristaches ?
Can't think of or see anything to like  :unsure:

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, 09 April, 2016 @ 22:52:14 »
Not sure this would improve your opinion: Nude painting of Donald Trump goes on display in London

Offline Aristarches

• Forum Deity
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, 09 April, 2016 @ 23:09:05 »

I was understating my opinion.  It is like when I say that the vaguest possibility of that maniac getting to be president of the USA is quite worrying.

Offline Aristarches

• Forum Deity
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, 09 April, 2016 @ 23:09:59 »
Not sure this would improve your opinion: Nude painting of Donald Trump goes on display in London

I can not bring myself to look at that!

Offline Misty

• Forum Deity
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, 10 April, 2016 @ 10:22:52 »
Did not have the courage to look but can only imagine he needs to grow hair even longer for a total body comb over

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, 10 April, 2016 @ 12:24:24 »
Yep

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, 12 April, 2016 @ 13:53:22 »

I was understating my opinion.  It is like when I say that the vaguest possibility of that maniac getting to be president of the USA is quite worrying.

Possibly one of the few reasons for maintaining the Trident fleet.   :blink:

Tony