Author Topic: 25/03/16  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
25/03/16
« on: Friday, 25 March, 2016 @ 00:43:25 »
Don't RSVP to My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 - review
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/my-big-fat-greek-wedding-2/review/

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: 25/03/16
« Reply #1 on: Friday, 25 March, 2016 @ 00:56:28 »
Easter quietly dropped from Easter eggs
Easter on course to become choc-fest as eggs lose their Christian flavour

It is a vanishing act worthy of the Easter bunny himself and just as mysterious.

Easter - the most important Christian festival of the year, celebrated by well over two billion people around the world - appears to be quietly disappearing: at least when it comes to eggs.

Growing numbers of chocolate eggs are on sale in the UK without any mention of the word “Easter” on the front of the packaging.

Many of Britain’s best known brands have quietly dropped the name of the Christian festival from their main branding, now selling Easter products labelled simply as “chocolate egg” or even “egg”, it has been claimed.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/12200926/Easter-quietly-dropped-from-Easter-eggs.html

Offline Bluenose

• Forum Deity
« Reply #2 on: Friday, 25 March, 2016 @ 11:22:42 »
Don't think the kids will be arsed as long as it's got smarties inside.

Offline TonyD

• Forum Deity
« Reply #3 on: Friday, 25 March, 2016 @ 11:37:59 »
ITV London News weather forecast dropped "Good" and constantly referred to "Holiday Friday"

the end is nigh...mark my words...Easter will be dead and buried

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #4 on: Friday, 25 March, 2016 @ 15:25:08 »
Blocked up in a cave?

I used to work with quite a few Muslims and none ever showed any problem with Christmas or Easter. They'd buy their kids Christmas presents and Easter eggs.

If I see mention of Eid, Divali or Hanukkah in the media should I be offended? Or would that be racist?
Ho hum!

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
« Reply #5 on: Friday, 25 March, 2016 @ 15:48:24 »

Offline TonyKath

• Forum Deity
« Reply #6 on: Friday, 25 March, 2016 @ 21:10:00 »
Blocked up in a cave?

I used to work with quite a few Muslims and none ever showed any problem with Christmas or Easter. They'd buy their kids Christmas presents and Easter eggs.

If I see mention of Eid, Divali or Hanukkah in the media should I be offended? Or would that be racist?
Ho hum!

Same with me with the Muslims I've known.  No probs at all about Christian festivals.  Several have sent their kids to Christian schools including one guy who was one step short of being the local imam.  What they really don't like is half dressed women on the street, public drunkenness and funnily enough secularism - just like the Daily Mail (in theory).  Perhaps someone should suggest banning that lot and see what happens.  ;)
The real prob with Easter eggs is the removal of all traces of chocolate some years back.  :rant:

Tony

Tony