Author Topic: 02/07/19  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
02/07/19
« on: Tuesday, 02 July, 2019 @ 08:21:39 »
The secret to spotting the best last-minute summer holiday deals

EasyJet (0330 365 0000; easyjet.com) also serves attractive deals, although the seductive figure – currently visible on its website – of £50.29 for return flights to Kefalonia boils up to £514 a head for a week’s holiday once you have added checked bags and selected seats – even if you pick the three-star Metaxatos Apartments in Lassi as accommodation. This is not a bad price, and Kefalonia is glorious – but the price applies to Oct 11-18.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/advice/last-minute-summer-holiday-deals/

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: 02/07/19
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, 02 July, 2019 @ 19:59:07 »
Sheboygan serial toilet clogger sentenced to 150 days in jail, probation

A 26-year-old Sheboygan man was sentenced Monday to three years of probation for clogging women's toilets in Deland Park and at his place of work.

According to a criminal complaint, officers found a toilet in the women's bathroom at Deland Community Center clogged by a plastic bottle last March. Water was overflowing from the toilet.

Officers had checked the restrooms the previous evening and the toilets were not damaged. Officers reviewed 10 similar incidents beginning in April 2017 where toilets were clogged. The city determined each incident caused about $200 in damage, the complaint said.

Officers were able to identify Beeman after speaking with a manager at the temp agency for which Beeman worked, who said Beeman damaged toilets at a company where he was placed by the agency, the complaint said. He was only employed there about a month. The manager said Beeman was placed at another company, where incidents of a similar nature began to happen.

According to the complaint, Beeman told police he gets urges to do odd things, like look for bottles in the garbage to plug toilets.
https://eu.sheboyganpress.com/story/news/2019/07/01/sheboygan-toilet-clogger-sentenced-probation-150-days-jail/1569553001/

:wacko:

Offline Maik

• Administrator
  • Forum Deity
Re: 02/07/19
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, 02 July, 2019 @ 20:00:46 »
Greece’s deep problems are impossible to ignore
Greece Letter: Orthodox scandals point to greater holes in the fabric of Greek society

I was told recently that the Greek community in Ireland disapproves of me because I am not a true “philhellene” – meaning, someone who loves Greece – because I sometimes write critically of Greek affairs, especially the bureaucracy, the political and commercial corruption and the lack of opportunity for enterprise. Apparently, if you do not love Greece and the Greeks unreservedly, you cannot be a philhellene.
https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/greece-s-deep-problems-are-impossible-to-ignore-1.3943240